In a forest that he digitized, Simon runs. Within an autobiographical narrative, running embodies the intimate link between the protagonist and the forest, a forest that has witnessed a multitude of personal events and that is now being destroyed by a gravel pit.
Immersed in an ambivalent world between realism and dream, Simon questions the reasons that pushed him to digitize the forest. He questions his relationship with the living world and the limits of digital representations of nature.
While using technology as a creative tool, I question its role in seeking for an immaculate and photorealistic representation of the world for our memorial and sensorial perception, and how technology may encourage a form of consumption and overconsumption of nature, a nature that we threaten without any limits.
Where are the limits of digitalization, and where are our limits?
Limites, 2022 – Festival selections
- Dumbo Film Festival – Experimental Competition 2024
- Animateka Animated International Film Festival – European Young Talents Competition Programme 2023
- Piccolo Festival dell’Animazione, 16th International animated film festival – Green Animation Competition Program 2023
- Bruges, Bruges International Film Festival – 2023 (Best Animated Short Film)
- Frontdoc, 13th Festival Internationale del Cinema di Frontiera – 2023
- Animatou, 18th Geneva Animation Festival – International Competition for Experimental Animated Shorts, Swiss Competition 2023 (Mention Taurus Studio)
- Digital Art Festival Taipei by Digital Art Center, Taipei – 2023
- Desenzano Film Festival – International Competition 2023 (Best Sound Award)
- Tel Aviv, International Animation Film Festival (ASIF) – International Student Films 2023
- St Gallen, SolarKino – Kurzfilme für die Erde 2023
- Boston, 8th Boston Short Film Festival (BSSF) – 2023 (Best Experimental short Film)
- Vienna, 20th Vienna Shorts Festival – AA Animation Avantgarde – International Competition 2023
- Buenos Aires 1st Syncro Film Fest (BUEIFF) – Parallel universes competition 2023
- Bucharest, 7th Bucharest Short Film Festival (BSFF) – 2023
- Budapest, 9th International Nature and Environmental Protection Film Festival – Cartoon and animated film 2023
- Busan, 40th Busan International Short Film Festival (BISFF) – International Competition 2023
- Viewpoint, 16th Documentary Film Festival – 2023 (Best Experimental Documentary Film)
- Stuttgart, 30th Internationales Trickfilm-Festival (ITFS) – Trickstar Nature Award 2023
- Ann Arbor, 61st Ann Arbor Film Festival (AAFF) – International Short Film Competition 2023
- Tampere, 53rd Tampere Film Festival – International Competition 2023
- Anima, The 42nd Brussels International Animation Film Festival – Best of Shorts 2023
- Visions du Réel, 53rd VdR-Industry – Film Market 2022
- Ars Electronica Animation Festival 35th – Welcome to Planet B 2022
- Locarno, 75° Locarno Film Festival – Pardi di Domani 2022